Citrine and Rhodochrosite Meditation for Forgiveness
This meditation forms part of my blog on the Art of Forgiveness.
If you are looking to achieve forgiveness using crystals here is a very simple but very powerful technique that I would recommend. This technique, which is a visualisation, can be carried out as frequently as you wish. Indeed if it is a long-standing issue which you are looking to address, you may benefit from doing this visualisation on a daily basis. The visualisation itself should last for at least ten minutes. After this time has elapsed you can continue until you feel the time is right to stop.
- Start by choosing an affirmation to focus upon throughout the meditation. For example, you may wish to use “I am ready to be healed. I am willing to forgive. All is well” (courtesy of Louise Hay).
- Holding a piece of citrine and a piece of rhrodochrosite, one in each hand, sit quietly and comfortably in a place where you will not be disturbed. You may wish to light some candles and play some relaxing music.
- Visualise and feel your physical heart and any hurt, sadness, bitterness, resentment or any other emotion you wish to clear from it. You may ‘see’ these emotions as heavy material, blackness or smokiness, a particular shape or something completely different. You may not ‘see’ anything but rather smell or sense something. Everyone is different and will experience a different thing to represent the emotions that they which to clear.
- As you hold the crystals imagine their energy rising up your arms and down into your heart. As the crystals’ energy enters your heart feel it envelop your unwanted emotions and clean them. You may see the emotions changing colour, losing their ‘smell’ or you may just sense that they are leaving your heart and being taken ‘upwards’ to be recycled into love and light for the good of planet Earth.
- After as much of the unwanted emotions have left your heart as will go during the session (and please be aware that they may not all leave at once and you may have to repeat this exercise) picture your heart filling up with beautiful pink and yellow energy which will cleanse your heart and fill it with love and healing energy.
- If you are able to, and don’t worry if you can’t, send the person you need to forgive love and release the ‘toxic’ part of the connection to them.
- After you have finished your visualisation please take time to gently bring your awareness back into the room and be careful to slowly stand up and ensure that you are grounded (i.e. your head is not feeling ‘floaty’). If you do feel a little spacey you can visualise tree roots growing down your legs right down into the centre of the earth securing you. An alternative way to ground yourself is to hold a piece of hematite for a couple of minutes.
The results that you get using this visualisation will vary depending on the personal experiences that you are trying to address. For optimum results carry out this visualisation at least 3 times per week for as long as you require before you feel at peace with yourself and your life.
It is important to realise that emotional issues can arise when you use a technique such as this one. Self care and lots of it is the answer to deal with any emotional issues that arise as a result of doing this visualisation. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat well, take rest when you need to, continue using rose quartz and always seek medical advice when and where appropriate.
Crystal healing is a complementary therapy and is not a substitute for appropriate medical care.