Crystals and the Sacral Chakra
This is the third instalment of our Journey through the Chakras mini-course. Today we are looking at Crystals and the Sacral Chakra.
The Sanskrit name for the Sacral Chakra is Svadhishthana. The translation of this word is ‘The dwelling place of the self’. This provides you with insight into the main function of this chakra. The Sacral Chakra is all about feelings of wellness, pleasure, creativity, sexuality and family.
The Colour of the 3rd Dimension Sacral Chakra
Later on in this course we will look at each of the 7 main chakras from a 4th & 5th dimension point of view. However, for the moment we are purely focusing upon the Sacral Chakra as it spins in the 3rd Dimension.
The colour that we associate with this chakra at a 3rd Dimensional level is orange. This gives you an indication of the colour of the crystals that we may be working with on this chakra.
What this Chakra is Associated with
The Sacral Chakra has a direct connection to a number of different life aspects. In summary these are:
If you look at the list above and recognise that you have issues, concerns or challenges in any of these areas, then working with your Sacral Chakra is an excellent idea. Please note that you do not have to have issues with all of the above; even one aspect that causes you concern is indication that this chakra needs a little tender loving care.
Another crucial element when it comes to healing the Sacral Chakra and therefore improving your health and wellbeing, is to know which organs of the body are related to this chakra.
In summary, the organs directly related are:
- Female reproductive system
- All fluids within the body
If you have disease related to or concerns with any of these organs then this is an indication that you should work with crystals on your Sacral Chakra.
The Characteristics of a Person with a Balanced Sacral Chakra
Before we talk about character traits that are present when a person’s Sacral Chakra is unbalanced, let’s look at what a person with a balanced Sacral Chakra looks like.
People with a balanced Sacral Chakra tend to be:
- Creativity & imagination used constructively
- Sexual energy brings sense of completeness and integration
- Emotionally stable
- Strong partnerships
- Socially aware
Characteristics of an Unbalance Sacral Chakra
If the chakra is not balanced the symptoms/ characteristics that a person may present will differ depending on whether the chakra has too much energy or too little energy within it.
Broken down the characteristics are as following:
Excess of Energy:
- Oversensitive to external stimuli
- Excessive sexual drive
- Frustration (sexual and creative)
Regardless of whether you have too much or too little energy within the chakra, the treatment remains the same. If you need a reminder on how to carryout a self-healing chakra treatment you can read all about it here.
Physical Ailments of an Unbalanced Sacral Chakra
- Bladder, Kidney and Uterine disorders
- Prostate problems
- Lower back pain
- Fertility issues
- Fear, shock and guilt
Crystals for the Sacral Chakra
So now we know a lot more about the Sacral Chakra and what ailments and symptoms it can treat, how do we know which crystals we should use?
There are a few ways we can work this out.
- Choose an orange crystal. Be guided by your intuition on the actual choice or do a little research with books or a trusted online source.
- Use your intuition to choose your crystals irrespective of the colour. Choose the one that feels right to you.
- Choose one of the coloured crystals in the list below as these are general crystals for working on the Sacral Chakra.
As a general rule the following crystals can be used on the Sacral Chakra:
- Red Jasper
- Orange Sunstone
- Tangerine Quartz
Where to position your crystal in a self-healing treatment
Previously we learnt how to carry out a self-healing chakra treatment which we could do in the comfort of our own homes. In regard to where you would place your Sacral Chakra crystals that would be above the pubic bones and below the navel.
What I’d like you to do next
- Think about any issues or concerns that you may be experiencing. Do they relate to the Sacral Chakra?
- If they do, I’d like you to choose a crystal to work with on your Sacral Chakra as part of your weekly Self-Healing treatment.
- After using it as part of your weekly treatment, I’d like you to cleanse it and carry it around with you for the rest of the week / meditate with it until it is time for your next weekly treatment.
- Following your weekly treatment, you may (or may not) wish to choose a different Sacral Chakra crystal for the week ahead. Choose and use one crystal per week i.e. give your chosen crystal a week to work its magic with you.
It’s worth noting that even if you do not have any specific issues relating to the Sacral Chakra, you will benefit from choosing a Sacral Chakra crystal so you can use it during the weekly Self-Healing treatment.
Crystal healing is a complementary therapy and is not a substitute for appropriate medical care. Always seek medical advice when and where appropriate.