Crystal Energy Junkie: 9 steps to connect with crystals
Today’s blog post is all about how to connect with crystals. It’s often assumed that when we first start our crystal healing journey we’ll be able to automatically and easily connect to any crystal. This isn’t the case. Whilst there are some people who can easily speak with their crystals, they are often already familiar with energy and other healing methods.
To be able to speak with our crystals requires practice, and most importantly, consistent practice. Today I am going to walk you through an exercise so that you can detect energy, and with consistent practice develop the ability to easily speak with your crystals. Our aim is to get you to the stage where you can walk into a crystal shop, pick up any crystal and be able to connect with it.
This exercise (based on the work of Hazel Raven) is nice and simple and will take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete. If you are able to, aim to practice everyday. Your ability to understand crystal energy is similar to a muscle – the more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes.
- Increase the sensitivity in your hands by washing them in warm water. Dry them thoroughly.
- Shake your hands to release any stagnant energy or any energy that may be blocked around your hands.
- Rub your hands together briskly to further sensitise the energy and to focus it within your hands.
- Hold your hands with your palms facing each other, about 15 cm apart. Feel the energy between your hands. Start to feel this energy and play it with. Move your hands closer and then further apart. Sense, using all physical senses, the energy. What you ‘feel’ will be different for everyone and may be different every time you do this exercise.
- Once you are confident that you can feel the energy between your hands, start to mould this energy into a sphere. When you have a sphere shape (use your intuition if visualisation is not your strength) fill the energy of this sphere with yellow light.
- Take your yellow sphere and place it within your solar plexus chakra (situated mid-way below your heart and your naval). This energy will fill your solar plexus chakra and the Mental body of your aura. This will help you to sense the energy of the crystal more easily.
- Take a deep breath. Take your crystal and place it in your non-dominant hand. If you are starting on your crystal journey I’d advise you to use Clear Quartz as it is one of the more easy crystals to ‘feel’.
- Sit quietly with your crystal for a couple of minutes and take note of what you experience. You may find it valuable to keep a journal. This will assist you in seeing and celebrating your progress.
- When you have finished the exercise make sure that your energy is grounded and that you feel centred.
After you have read this post I’d love for you to do a couple of things. You’ve taken 10 minutes to read this post so could you take another 10 to practice connecting with your crystals. Please keep things simple and only connect with one crystal per session. Keep a note of your experiences in a journal or notebook so you can celebrate your progress.
Most importantly, I want you to practice at least 3 times per week. Progress will be seen with consistent practice and you’ve got this!
If you need any help with this practice or you have any questions please contact me using the button below.
Crystal healing is a complementary therapy and is not a substitute for appropriate medical care. Always seek medical advice when and where appropriate.