A Rose Quartz Meditation ~ Rose Quartz is traditionally known as the crystal of love. Hold a piece of Rose Quartz and it doesn’t take long for its peaceful loving energy to soothe both body and mind.
All About Rose Quartz
Rose Quartz is a member of the Quartz family. It is a crystal of beauty whose colour ranges from pale pink to rose red. There’s a shade for everyone and you will instinctively be drawn to the perfect crystal for you. It is the ultimate stone for the heart; it comforts, it heals and supports. Whether you need love for yourself, your partner, children, family or friends, this crystal will never disappoint. It envelops the holder in an envelope of love. It heals the heart of any wounds, old or new, physical or emotional, and acts like a balm to soothe the emotion. In doing so it releases tension and stress, and dissolves anger and resentment.
There are many areas of your life in which Rose Quartz can enhance your wellbeing but for the purposes of this post I am going to focus on self-love.
A Self-Healing Treatment with Rose Quartz
If you are looking to use Rose Quartz with the intention of self-treatment there is a very simple but very powerful technique that I would recommend. This technique, which is a visualisation, can be carried out as frequently as you wish and indeed if it is a long-standing issue which you are looking to address, you may benefit from doing this visualisation on a daily basis. The visualisation itself should last for at least ten minutes and after this time has elapsed you can continue until you feel the time is right to stop.
- Holding two pieces of Rose Quartz, one in each hand, sit quietly and comfortably in a place where you will not be disturbed. You may wish to light some candles and play some relaxing music.
- Visualise and feel your physical heart and any hurt, grief, sorrow or any other emotion you wish to clear from it. You may ‘see’ these emotions as heavy material, blackness or smokiness, a particular shape or something completely different. Indeed you may not ‘see’ anything but rather smell or sense something. Everyone is different and will experience a different thing to represent the emotions that they which to clear.
- As you hold the crystals imagine their energy rising up your arms and down into your heart. As the pink energy enters your heart feel it envelop your unwanted emotions and clean them. You may see the emotions changing colour, losing their ‘smell’ or you may just sense that they are leaving your heart and being taken ‘upwards’ to be recycled into love and light for the good of planet Earth.
- After as much of the unwanted emotions have left your heart as will go during the session (and please be aware that they may not all leave at once and you may have to repeat this exercise) picture your heart filling up with beautiful pink Rose Quartz energy which will cleanse your heart and fill it with love and healing energy.
- After you have finished your visualisation please take time to gently bring your awareness back into the room and be careful to slowly stand up and ensure that you are grounded (i.e. your head is not feeling ‘floaty’). If you do feel a little spacey you can visualise tree roots growing down your legs right down into the centre of the earth securing you. An alternative way to ground yourself is to hold a piece of hematite for a couple of minutes.
The results that you get using this visualisation will vary depending on the issue(s) that you are trying to address. For optimum results carry out this visualisation at least 3 times per week.
Crystal healing is a complementary therapy and is not a substitute for appropriate medical care. Always seek medical advice when and where appropriate.